We value your business and we thank you for choosing our partnership for advice and financial products. Our business relationship requires that we know personal information about our clients, and we want you to be aware of our commitment to protecting the personal information you may provide to us in the course of business.
Your Rights As They Pertain To Your Personal Information
- You have the right to know why we collect, use or disclose your personal information.
- You have the right to expect us to handle your information reasonably and not to use it for any other purpose than that to which you have consented.
- You have the right to know who in our firm is responsible for protecting your personal information, and to expect us to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- You have the right to inspect the information we hold about you to ensure that it is accurate, complete and current.
- You have the right to request the disposal of your personal information, either upon your request or when it is no longer required.
- You have the right to confidentially complain to us or the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if you feel your personal information is misused.
How We Collect and Disclose Your Personal Information
When you do business with us, you share personal information so that we may provide you with products and services that best meet your needs. We assume consent for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner.
We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Engage in the preparation of financial plans, both comprehensive and single needs,
- Prepare and assess your applications for investments, insurance or other financial services, and service these products over time,
- Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required,
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner,
- Analyze business results,
- Detect and prevent fraud, and
- To act as required or authorized by insurance and securities laws.
For regulatory purposes, self regulatory organizations such as the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada periodically require access to personal information of current and former clients, employees, agents, directors, officers, partners and others that has been collected or used by Regulated Persons. SROs collect, use or disclose such personal information obtained from Regulated Persons for regulatory purposes, including:
- Surveillance of trading-related activity,
- Sales, financial compliance, trade desk review and other regulatory audits,
- Investigation of potential regulatory and statutory violations,
- Regulatory databases,
- Enforcement or disciplinary proceedings,
- Reporting to securities regulators, and
- Information-sharing with securities regulatory authorities, regulated marketplaces, other self-regulatory organizations and law enforcement agencies in any jurisdiction in connection with any of the foregoing.
What We WILL NOT Do With Your Personal Information
We do not sell client information to anyone, nor do we share client information with any organizations outside of our relationship with you that could potentially contact you about their own products and services.
We Strive To Protect Your Personal Information
We have established physical and systems safeguards to protect your information. All employees, associates and supplier companies who have access to your personal information understand the need and requirement to keep your information confidential. The information is to be used for its intended purpose only.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent to use your personal information at any time (subject to reasonable notice for legal and contractual obligations) by contacting our privacy officer. Please note that withdrawing your consent may render us unable to continue offering you our services. We occasionally use your personal information to advise you of products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this type of communications, please advise our Privacy officer.
Our Privacy Officer is: David Gramlich: email@example.com